- This is held once a year every second week of February, where different communities are identified by coordinating staff together with other allied health service providers. Sensitisation training about cancer is carried out, alongside offering counselling, checkups and nutrition. Cancer information is also distributed to the communities
- Information access about cancer to communities
- Cancer week- once a year is organised as an appeal event to raise funds to facilitate the needs of the community
- Cancer and wellness walk
Education & Awareness
Care & Screening Programs
Counselling & Care Services
- Support programs, financial support and healthcare services for sufferers who are not able to afford traditional hospital-based services.
- Education and provision of immunizations and treatments for students and young adults.
Getting out and about in the community is the only way to meet those who are seeking education and counselling. Cancer and HIV/Aids are still regarded as taboo in many regions of Africa, and our focus is on bringing an understanding of the causes, treatment options and outcomes to improve the lives of those inflicted.
Our outreach programs consist of a number of key components, and are undertaken in various regions of Uganda. Programs typically run for 1-4 weeks, depending on the population of the region.
- March 2019